Character Animator: Narrative Gameplay (Junior/Mid-Level)
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar India is on the lookout for talented Animators (Junior/ Mid- Level) who possess a passion for gameplay animation. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s brand new, state-of-the-art studio within Bangalore, India.
WHAT WE DO
- We create narrative in-game story and open world moments for all Rockstar video games.
- We are involved in the planning and direction of motion capture shoots.
- We embellish performances, emphasizing weight, timing & silhouette to create visually stunning animations.
- We take mocap data and edit the structure to work for in game interactions.
- We work with the global animation and design teams to problem solve and implement immersive sequences.
- We review animations and implement feedback from lead reviews.
- Create stunning animations that are responsive and support the overall player experience.
- Work closely with the design team to create immersive experiences.
- Implement, troubleshoot, and debug animation systems.
- Help improve animation pipelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art/Animation or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 1 years of experience animating video games.
- Positive and solution-orientated individual.
- Exceptional skill in animating the human figure to create realistic character animations.
- Strong understanding of development issues in getting animations into a game.
- Bring innovation and resolution to technical problems and challenges throughout production.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work closely with Artists, Designers and Programmers.
- Deep rooted interest in video games and films.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Practical knowledge of programming languages (Python, C# / C++, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of Motion Builder and motion capture.
- Professional experience developing third person action games.
- Practical knowledge of state machines and motion trees.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, IndiaDate posted: 2023-01-02