CFX Senior Artist
Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
As the CFX Senior Artist, you will create the highest quality grooms, hair shading and look development for the characters in the productions. Join our studio and develop dynamic rigs for characters and execute CFX work in shots, including character simulations as well as geometry and groom correctives.
- Actively contribute to enhancing the effects of the films’ characters, while working cohesively with your team to provide a stronger creative and technical working environment
- Participate in the development of department tools and techniques
- Provide support, guidance and instruction in areas that contribute towards the team’s artistic and professional growth
- Follow the Supervisor’s and Lead's guidance to deliver the highest quality work, matching the look and feel of the film
- Work closely with the production team to ensure the desired work is delivered within the established pipeline and that deadlines are met
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, set priorities and problem-solve
- 4+ years of experience in a CFX/FX/Rigging or Technical Animator role in a production environment (asset)
- At least one of the following areas of expertise: Fur, hair, shading/lookdev simulation rigs; cloth simulation rigs; muscle, tissue, skin, fat, flesh simulation rigs; high-quality cloth, hair, skin simulations, and correctives for shot work in production
- Strong working experience in dynamic simulation engines as well as in grooming workflows, either proprietary or off-the-shelf
- Experience working in Houdini
- Pluses: Experience in xGen, yeti, Ncloth, nHair, Marvelous Designer, Python, Maya API
- Proficient in English
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job
Location: Connecticut New York / New Jersey /Date posted: 2023-01-23