Careers My Account My Account Sign Out Sign In Sign In
Responsible for the quality assurance testing of FINAL FANTASY XIV for the North American market.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Examines and analyzes video game content for bugs.
- Documents bugs found in the games.
- Writes error reports which are sent to the development team for rectification. When the error has been fixed by the development team, the QA tester verifies that the fix works properly.
- Communicates with Quality Assurance team to ensure deadlines are being met.
- Creates internal guides and materials.
- Uploads error reports to appropriate databases. Maintains databases to ensure up-to-date information has been entered.
- Conducts industry research of comparable video games by examining and evaluating competitors’ games and creating game reports.
- Maintains confidentiality of games that have not been released to the public.
- Overtime is encouraged during impending deadlines, but is not mandatory.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge and Abilities
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Proficiency with computers, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and Internet.
- Knowledge of the entertainment software industry.
- Basic knowledge of video games. Familiarity with games consoles and handheld games.
- Basic ability and dexterity in playing video games.
- Minimum typing skills 40 WPM.
- Prior writing experience a plus.
Competencies, Skills and Attributes
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and willingness to independently navigate areas of unfamiliarity.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Positive and professional attitude.
- Strong word processing and other computer skills.
- Independent worker (i.e., takes initiative and works well with little supervision).
- Efficient and productive.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Japanese language skills and experience working with Japanese corporations (not required, but a plus).
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This position does not require travel.
- Due to COVID-19, this role has been placed on a Temporary Work From Home position.
- This job normally operates in a professional office environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, laptops, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, see, and move around the facilities. This would require the ability to lift files/boxes, open filing cabinets, file, bend, twist, stand on stool as necessary. Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds. This expectation holds true for the current work-from-home environment.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision covered for you and the option to add your spouse/domestic partner and children at 2% of premium
- 401K Employer Match
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Policy
- Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Covid Leave,
- Pre-tax benefits (Medical FSA and Dependent Care FSA)
- Discount on game purchases and merchandise
Square Enix, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Square Enix, Inc. is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. It is the policy of Square Enix, Inc. that qualified individuals with disabilities not be discriminated against because of their disabilities in regard to job application procedures, hiring, and other terms and conditions of employment. It is further the policy of Square Enix, Inc. to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in all aspects of the employment process.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to HR_RA@US.SQUARE-ENIX.COM. Please note that general employment questions are not addressed here.
For any other questions regarding this opportunity, please contact email@example.com.
Location: Square EnixDate posted: 2022-01-20