Business Operations Manager - Publishing
Bungie is seeking a Business Operations Manager (BOM) for an outstanding opportunity on our Publishing Team! We are searching for an experienced project manager to guide and optimize the Office of Publishing (OP). A member of the Office of Publishing, the Publishing BOM supports and drives strategic and annual project planning and budgeting in support of the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) and Senior Director of Publishing Operations. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated and empathetic organizer of people and process who embodies a service mindset. If you have a passion for continuous improvement and are excited by the opportunity to orchestrate complex projects and critical initiatives, then we might have the role for you!
- Support the CMO and Senior Director of Publishing Operations in creation and maintenance of the visible, multi-year project road map for a large publishing organization supporting multiple franchises.
- Support and drive multi-year strategic publishing planning in alignment with all business units and central functions.
- Support and drive annual publishing planning and budgeting as part of the studio annual operating planning process.
- Manage the rhythm of the business calendar, in coordination with the studio-wide ROB calendar, for the Publishing organization.
- Collaborate with Publishing producers to reconcile OP goals with small team velocities, technology constraints, and healthy team capacities.
- Ensure that leadership expectations are aligned to real deliverables
- Identify key stakeholders for publishing initiatives and drive ongoing, rigorous status communications with stakeholders (and publishing leadership) through the year, tracking progress against annual goals and initiatives.
- Drive execution of strategic initiatives and projects for the Publishing leadership team.
- Own and facilitate ongoing rituals, communications, and processes for the Publishing Leadership Team.
- Continuously improve the Publishing leadership team’s velocity, teamwork, and transparency.
- Develop, refine, reinforce, and embody Bungie’s culture and values.
- Actively challenge the status quo and facilitate change towards continuous improvement.
- Craft communications (email, presentations, etc.) for Publishing to the Publishing team and broader studio
- Represent the Publishing team to the studio
- Help shape Business Operations excellence at Bungie
- Accountable to the CMO and Senior Director of Publishing Operations
- Report to the Director of Business Operations
- Outstanding project management skills: building and maintaining work backlogs; tracking, scheduling, and driving projects to completion.
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills. Ability to deliver executive presentations and studio-wide communications.
- Demonstrable experience fostering teamwork and building high functioning teams.
- Proven experience in rapidly learning new methods and processes and adapting them to critical business needs.
- Strong facilitation and conflict resolution skills. Ability to drive high-value meetings through challenging discussions and build clear action items and accountability.
- Possessing a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- Desire for continuous improvement in all aspects of the job.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills. Proven ability to understand, simplify, and solve any problems in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment
- Experience with agile/scrum development processes and tools
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23