Business Manager, PlayStation+ Subscriptions
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Business Manager, PlayStation+ Subscriptions
San Mateo, CA preferred
(will consider remote)
The Business Manager is responsible for business strategy and commercial operations, delivering specific projects and initiatives, running department team health and development initiatives, and driving business processes, procedures, and communications. This role is an extension of the Services leadership team responsible for PlayStation's subscription business.
- Work with Services leadership team to facilitate the strategic and operational planning cycle
- Ensure VP, Services is adequately informed, supported, and prepared - with the level of data, context and materials to support the leadership role
- Act as a trusted adviser / advocate and help identify priorities and align activity
- Act as a proxy for the VP, Services when working with teams
- Management of leadership process; ensuring good corporate governance, reporting and execution of assigned tasks
- Act as advisor to the Services leadership and management team
- Optimize functioning of Services leadership forum & ways of working: identify, agree, and implement ongoing improvements
- Lead the team’s coherence; developing objectives and agendas (planning major off-sites, staff meeting, orchestrating operations reviews, annual meetings, all hands, etc.)
- Ensure cross-functional goal alignment and nurture a complete view of the business
- Act as liaison between other divisions (eg - Marketing, GPDR) to ensure alignment on business operations and policy as well as improve coordination across functional areas
- Support Services leader and leadership with departmental communication and messaging: narrative, cadence, preparation of materials.
Lead change initiatives across Services:
- Support the organization and operational change program; new ways of working or cultural objectives
- Develop comprehensive department staffing policies to support global ways of working
- Identify and propose cross-functional pivotal initiatives for leadership team consideration
- Drive select opportunities end to end
Supporting GSBO Strategy Management and Initiatives Team:
- Align communications strategy for Services with broader Global Sales & Business Operations (GSBO) communication strategy (i.e. stand up meetings, etc.)
- Implement employee engagement initiatives in alignment with broader GSBO strategy
- Track and share progress of Services scorecards and Services-led initiatives to ensure alignment with broader GSBO strategy
- At least 7 years of experience, ideally in subscriptions or digital products
- Have the ability to act independently and responsibly within overall guidelines set by the VP Subscription Services
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to enable the role to persuade, influence and inform Executives
- Interpersonal skills to allow her/him to collaborate with staff at all levels of the business to acquire information and understand the implications of decisions taken by GBO
- Open and inquisitive and ability to build trust – to enable an important part of the role, which is to investigate opportunities to improve the business or resolve problems
- They must have experience in management in order to garner respect and cooperation from staff across multi-functional activities. Ideally an understanding of culture
- Ambitious, self-starter able to multi-task and lead priorities to align with current business objectives
- Attentive about meeting deadlines because you will be the hub of information
- Diligent and detailed, with an ability to think “big picture” and adept at translating information into insights that drive quantifiable business impact
- Requirement to travel to coordinate/attend meetings within the SIE or Sony Groups.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23