Business Intelligence Analyst Intern
We are looking for a hardworking Business Intelligence Analyst Intern to join Unity’s Corporate Data and Analytics (CDNA) team this summer. Unity’s real-time 3D engine combined with our operating solutions and technologies are deployed in hundreds of thousands of apps used by hundreds of millions of users every day. Deriving valuable insights out of these meaningful datasets enables us to continue to drive our fast growing businesses and support our developer community.
The Corporate Analytics team works closely with our executives to support critical metrics reporting for various organizations, verticals and new initiatives. You will be a part of a highly visible team providing crucial reporting tools and analysis that are the backbone of the decision making process for product, sales and finance teams. Your day-to-day will consist of modeling data, building data pipelines and dashboards, running ad-hoc reports, digging into issues and finding opportunities to improve operational efficiency across the organization.
What you'll be doing
- Coordinating with executive partners, collecting requirements, identifying data sources, developing ETLs, designing and delivering dashboards, and performing ad hoc analyses
- Providing data documentation in an easily understood way to both technical and non-technical parts of the business
- Understanding sophisticated product and business questions/challenges and relating them to the data
- Exploring our vast datasets to identify and investigate new opportunities and efficiencies
What we're looking for
- Good expertise in SQL (BigQuery a plus) and familiarity with Python
- Experience with data visualization, dashboarding and analytical report building (Looker, Google Data Studio or similar)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Exposure to management and multi-functional teams will require explaining technical concepts and analysis clearly to a wide audience, as well as translate sometimes ambiguous data requests into clear action items and requirements.
You might also have
- Gaming experience
- Experience with LookML
- CS, Finance or Statistics background
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: San Francisco, CA, USADate posted: 2022-01-20