Big Data Engineer
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation Studios is the game development division of Sony PlayStation, and is responsible for developing some of the most recognisable and ambitious console games and franchises on PlayStation, including Uncharted, The Last of Us, Horizon, God of War, and Gran Turismo.
We work with some of the best game studios in the world, and use data to help them make their games even better. We are looking for talented people to join us in pushing the boundaries of game analytics for PlayStation games.
You have a passion for video games and a solid background in software development. You’re looking for a fun, dynamic environment to take on new challenges.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Big Data Engineer, you’ll work in our cross-disciplinary team to scale our platform, expand its reach, and help define and build the future of analytics for PlayStation games.
What we are looking for:
- You are adept at writing code in Python and/or Go
- You are experienced in building robust, scalable, and resilient services
- You are comfortable writing microservices and owning the delivery of end-to-end data products
- You’re excited by Big Data projects and technology
- You’re committed to quality as a top priority
- You have a track record of trying and learning new things
- You have experience with AWS, GCP, Azure, or other major cloud platform
- Bonus points for experience with Spark, analytic databases, and modern console games.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23