Backend Services Developer - Java
Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work? Join The Game!
Joining our game means being part of a top innovator in the gaming field. Gameloft® is a leader in the development and publishing of games, creating them for all digital platforms with an astonishing audience of 80 million monthly users. Our catalog includes every genre and our games are as varied as we are. We operate our own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partner with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®.
We distribute our games in over 100 countries and employ 4,300 people worldwide. We embrace challenges and are always ready for the next big thing. Not convinced yet?
We have partnerships with high schools and universities all over the world and we support their activity by sharing knowledge and mentoring future professionals. We know the importance of knowledge sharing in order to build healthy and smart future generations. We grow talent and we push to be an example for youngsters by regularly hosting seminars for students, workshops for highschoolers and teachers. So, what do you say? Are you ready to be not just another face behind a computer screen, but a Gamelofter working in a supportive environment, who gets involved and gives back to the community?
We are focused on building the next-generation game backend services platform and we are looking for a dedicated, talented and passionate software developer to play a leading role in this endeavor.
We are looking for a motivated Java engineer that can and will find the best solutions and will work alongside clients and the infrastructure team to create state of the art products for our clients.
You will be a part of a cross-functional agile development team creating innovative enterprise-level technology solutions. You will be working with state-of-the-art cloud technologies that manage over 10 billion requests per day from over 20 million active players across over 100 games.
You will be in charge of development, deployment, support and maintenance of services that support Gameloft’s online gaming infrastructure: multiplayer services, leaderboards, authentication, social networks and many more.
- Design and develop distributed, scalable, resilient, highly available services and systems with a focus on quality, security and cost efficiency;
- Be involved in all the product development and delivery stages;
- Research and prototype on various technologies useful for the project;
- Keep in touch with the latest trends in the industry.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in object-oriented programming writing; high-quality and well-documented code in Java;
- Good knowledge of RDBMS and NoSQL databases;
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs, standard software design patterns, web application and web services architecture;
- Experience working with AWS services is an asset;
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is an asset;
- Knowledge of Python is an asset;
- Ability to understand abstract requirements, define implementation steps and deliver results keeping the client’s needs in focus;
- Adaptable to accepting challenges, learning new technologies and prototyping new ideas;
- Organizational skills, attention to detail and a strong ability to communicate;
- Proactive and independent;
- Meticulous and focused on code quality.
Why join us:
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world!
- Or, just because you're looking for a fun place to work!
- For this role, as a sign of appreciation for your work, we came up with one of the most attractive financial offers on the market.
What Gameloft Bucharest can offer you even more?
- Work from Home program available.
- Day off for your birthday and company’s anniversary;
- Free psychological counseling.
- Medical insurance package, in partnership with Regina Maria Clinic.
- Lunch tickets.
- Supportive working climate, a team with a free communication style.
- A chance to work in a real multicultural environment.
Join our survey
As part of our recruitment process, we would like to know more about your interests when applying to Gameloft via this survey
Your honest answers will have no impact on whether you will get the job or not. They will only be used to support our continuous efforts to match our Employer brand with our candidate’s expectations.
Location: Bucharest, RomaniaDate posted: 2021-12-11