About Splash Damage
Come join us!
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this. We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from.
Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard. Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio.
At Splash Damage, we create multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships. Backend Engineers at Splash Damage are responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the online services that power our award winning live-service multiplayer games.
As a backend engineer on our new unannounced title you will work within game feature teams, collaborating closely with other disciplines such as design, gameplay and UI, to create online services to drive game features such as matchmaking, purchasing, inventories, presence and much more. With a strong focus on scalability and performance, you will be responsible for owning the implementation of key tasks and features within our cloud-based online services infrastructure.
You excel at:
- Taking ownership of features and autonomously driving them to completion.
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Employing a can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as part of an agile, fast-moving and highly-focused team.
- Breaking down your work into measurable and achievable tasks.
- Writing clear, maintainable and portable code.
- Communicating ideas, intent and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Strong knowledge of more than one software language ideally Golang but otherwise Java, C++ or Python with a willingness
- Knowledge of distributed services and scalable architectures
- Proficiency with relational and non-relational databases.
- The ability to deploy, run and troubleshoot your own services.
- SOLID principles and Design Patterns
- Knowledge of Linux fundamentals.
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
- Experience working with DevOps/SRE teams or tools.
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
- The people skills to work collaboratively within a team.
Even better if you have:
- Experience in the games industry or related fields.
- Familiarity with gRPC
- Experience with Docker, Cloud Native solutions deployed to AWS and CI/CD pipelines.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
Location: London, EnglandDate posted: 2022-01-20