PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Audio Programmer - MLB
San Diego, CA
“The crack of the bat, the play by play from the announcer and the roar of the crowd are the sounds that we have all come to associate with a day at the ballpark! Bringing these same sounds to MLB The Show in the most realist fashion possible is just one aspect of the game that has helped to make it the top selling baseball game series that we’ve all come to know and enjoy. If you would like to be a part of the team that brings these sounds to best baseball game around, then this is your chance! San Diego Studio, maker of MLB The Show, is looking to add an Audio Programmer to our All-Star line-up….”
We are looking for an Audio Programmer to join our award-winning team to craft high quality audio content for 1st party product development projects, specifically San Diego Studio. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most respected developers in the industry and on some of the most exciting AAA games for PlayStation.
You will bring passion to the role of Audio Programmer, collaborating with our audio and development teams, creating sonically rich content that pushes the industry quality bar.
- C++ Experience
- Creation and Maintenance of in-house audio tools
- In-house Python script maintenance
- Integration of assets into safe repositories
- Collaborate with sound designers in their use of these features and workflows
- Iterate on and polish work produced to deliver highest possible quality
- Write clear, maintainable, reliable, and efficient code
- Profile and optimize code to remove bottlenecks
- Test and document code
- 1-2 Years of experience as an audio programmer for video games or 2+ years of tools programming with a strong interest in audio
- Experience working with game development teams and coordinating with various disciplines such as animation, design, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- A sports fanatic, specifically a baseball fan would fit well within the project and culture of the team.
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Able and motivated to work with other team members
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and testing procedures
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23