About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is dedicated to crafting team-based games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork. We’ve forged enduring experiences within some of gaming’s most beloved franchises over the years and are now entering a bold new era fuelled by ambitious projects utilising both established and original IP, a move into self-publishing and expansion into new locations.
We're advocates for a healthy work-life balance and believe that our teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. We're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Our efforts have been recognised with several best employer awards over the years. Most recently, we were awarded the coveted 3-star ‘world-class employer’ accreditation by Best Companies and named the 58th best large company to work for in the UK, and the 29th best large company in London.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 situation, we're all currently working from home. We continue to hire across our projects and will set you up remotely for the time being.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with the 24/7 Babylon digital GP service
- Get mental health support from our trained Mental Health First Aiders or via our third-party counselling service
- 24/7 employee assistance helpline offering advice and support on a range of topics, including health, relationships, finances, and the law
- 25 days of annual leave, plus 8 public holidays and our annual closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Industry-leading fully-paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
- Enhanced company pension contributions
- Our famous social events are open to you and your family to help you build friendships and have some fun along the way
- Group life assurance scheme
We are seeking a mid-level audio designer with experience on AA and/or AAA games. You’ll be working alongside the Senior and Lead Audio Designers, following the games audio vision to create and implement world-class audio content.
• Audio Designer with games industry experience and at least 1 complete cycle of a shipped AA or AAA game.
• Experienced with Wwise and one DAW, preferably Reaper
• Strong proven sound design skills, demonstrated in a concise showreel
• A basic understanding of technical audio skills and implementation in UE4
• Experience mixing in 5.1 surround for games and linear media
• Experience in tracklaying, mixing and mastering for trailers and cinematics
• Demonstrate initiative and autonomy independently and works well in a team
• Test all aspects of the audio and report following current procedures
• Passionate about sharing knowledge and deepening skills
• FPS, weapon sound design and multiplayer experience
• Creature Foley and vocal sound design and implementation experience
• Vehicle sound design and implementation experience
• Good knowledge of the game development process and where audio lives in that pipeline
• Experience with video editing tools such as Vegas and Premiere
• Enthusiastic about audio in general, in films, TV and games!
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
Location: London, EnglandDate posted: 2022-01-20