Audience Business Analyst
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: Audience Business Analyst
Location: San Mateo, CA
In this role you will be an analyst on the SIE Global Marketing Technology team. As part of the Audience team, you will play a vital role in shaping and evolving the way that we communicate with our consumers. Audience Analysts have a wide range of skills from SQL experts and audience strategists to attribution modeling. While Audience analysts have clear areas of expertise, every member of the team has the opportunity to learn and grow new skills outside of their specialty.
We are looking to fill a new Audience Business Analyst role, specializing in audience operations and activation. In this role you will further enable our global marketing organization to use our first party data to put the customer first in all of our marketing communications. Together as gamer and customer experience advocates, we can show how PlayStation is truly the Best Place to Play.
- Work collaboratively with global marketing and agency team members as the subject matter expert on our ecosystem of data to create custom audience segments and support campaign executions
- Run ad-hoc and scheduled customer lists to power PlayStation’s digital marketing channels and analyze campaigns to drive insights that optimize marketing performance
- Collaborate with our SCRUM team to perform analysis on operational capacity and inform management and our partners using data visualizations
- Advise partners on audiences for campaigns using data-based insights from marketing analytics, data science models, and consumer research
- Lead the integration of new audience strategies and technologies seamlessly into our operations at scale
- Ensure the efficient and successful delivery of all customer segments to global marketing platforms
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with a diverse group of established partners including marketing, technical teams, and agencies across different regions and cultures
- Experience with working with a variety of marketing channels, including but not limited to email, paid media, and custom tools
- Experience working with martech/adtech platforms (Salesforce Marketing Cloud, DMPs, Publisher and Social Partners, etc)
- Complete analysis projects related to lifecycle marketing, targeting segmentation, cohort analysis and tracking, and A/B and multivariate tests
- SQL programming experience required
- 3+ years of experience working with relational databases
- 5+ years of marketing operations experience
- BA/BS degree
- Well spoken with strong presentation-making skills that effectively present data in a compelling way, both verbal and written, to influence collaborator strategy
- Demonstrates understanding of analytical approaches—can set up clean testing frameworks for clear and meaningful measurement reporting downstream
- Passionate about gaming and video game culture
- Experienced with BI visualization tools such as Tableau or Microstrategy
- You are a problem solver who is data driven, with a can-do attitude and flexibility to accommodate evolving business needs
- You are flexible and versatile in nature, able to overcome challenges while maintaining a positive attitude and even a sense of humor
- You are willing to roll up your sleeves to take on tasks with the team
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23