Associate QA Tester
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Associate Quality Assurance Tester
The Associate Quality Assurance (QA) Tester - Contractor supports the Digital Operations team by performing quality control/assurance tasks on PlayStation Store and PlayStation Network content. The successful Associate QA Tester reviews all downloadable content on all PlayStation platforms (PS4, PS3, Vita, PS5) and online storefronts before the content publishes to the live environment. The role requires an expertise in customer service, attention to details, partner communication (written and verbal), and a working understanding of entertainment software. Ideal candidates will be able to work well under deadline pressure, prioritize tasks, and quickly adapt to change.
Principle Duties / Responsibilities:
- Execute text plans against content staged for publication
- Respond to Customer Service inquiries related to problems identified on the PlayStation Store
- Work with Digital Operators to identify and roll-out solutions to bugs found during quality tests
Required Knowledge / Skills:
- A relentless passion for perfection and a keen eye for detail
- Strong understanding of web-based technology and network infrastructure
- Experience working with content management systems
- Must be willing to work overtime and occasionally on weekends
- Ability to have a flexible approach to working hours to support global business operations.
Preferred Experience / Education:
- One year of QA experience
- Database data entry experience
- An understanding of industry trends, practices, and genres; specifically in the PlayStation ecosystem
- Proven experience working in a cross-cultural, multi-national organization
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23