Assistant Finance Analyst
ABOUT SPLASH DAMAGE
Splash Damage is dedicated to crafting team-based games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork. We’ve forged enduring experiences within some of gaming’s most beloved franchises over the years and are now entering a bold new era fuelled by ambitious projects utilising both established and original IP, a move into self-publishing and expansion into new locations.
We're advocates for a healthy work-life balance and believe that our teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. We're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Our efforts have been recognised with several best employer awards over the years. Most recently, we were awarded the coveted 3-star ‘world-class employer’ accreditation by Best Companies and named the 58th best large company to work for in the UK, and the 29th best large company in London.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 situation, we're all currently working from home. We continue to hire across our projects and will set you up remotely for the time being.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with the 24/7 Babylon digital GP service
- Get mental health support from our trained Mental Health First Aiders or via our third-party counselling service
- 24/7 employee assistance helpline offering advice and support on a range of topics, including health, relationships, finances, and the law
- 25 days of annual leave, plus 8 public holidays and our annual closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Industry-leading fully-paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
- Enhanced company pension contributions
- Our famous social events are open to you and your family to help you build friendships and have some fun along the way
- Group life assurance scheme
The Assistant Finance Analyst will be a part of a dynamic business and Finance team. The individual will be an aspiring Financial Analyst who will be assisting in the FP&A of the company as well as individual projects and departments. The individual will partner across functions and management levels to ensure rigid budget control and use KPI and variance analysis to drive value creation amongst the teams.
Responsibilities at a Glance
- Assist in the preparation of departmental and project forecasts, including liaising with budget holders to help them understand and track their budgets, and understand the financial impact of budgetary decisions
- Assist in the preparation and completion of company-wide 7-year forecast, including preparation of P&L, Balance Sheet and Free Cash Flow forecasts
- Assist in the preparation of year-end budgets, including liaison with project and departmental leads to understand the upcoming period
- Assist with the calculation and submission of VGTR (Video Game Tax Relief) applications, including liaising with auditors and producers to ensure accuracy and completion
- Assist in ad-hoc modelling and forecasting requests from directors and partners
- Assist in developing new processes and practices to push the team and company forward
- Take ownership of the cashflow process, taking over the daily reporting and developing a new weekly report
- Provide support to the Management Accounting team in relation to variance analysis between actual and forecasted financial information
Required Skills and Experience
- Good problem-solving abilities with an analytical mind
- Proficient modelling, data manipulation and Excel skills
- Drive to learn new processes and systems to help the team and the wider company
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to convey complex ideas and processes to non-detail-oriented individuals
- Ability to link financial results and KPI measurements to operational and commercial impacts and trends
- Financially and commercially astute with the ability to tell a story from the numbers
- Able to communicate and influence across a wide range of roles and management levels
- Good attention to detail with a focus on cost control and KPI analysis
- A passion for gaming and the industry, with good knowledge of both
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with employees and directors
- Work well under pressure with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail whilst meeting deadlines
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to change approach or workload based on business needs
- Willingness to take initiative to figure out new and better ways of working on existing processes
- Good general computer literacy with an ability to quickly pick up new tools and processes
- Knowledge of the game development process
(Please provide a COVER LETTER with your application and outline your background / interest in Games)
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
Location: London, EnglandDate posted: 2022-01-20