Headquartered in Montreal, Reflector, a company of the Bandai Namco group, is a new breed of studio working with top talents to create high-quality, compelling content for global audiences. By employing a true transmedia approach, where content is built outwards from fully fleshed “Storyworlds”, the company is able to tell richer, deeper stories that connect with fans everywhere.
Reporting directly to the Lead Animator, the animator will work in a multidisciplinary and collaborative environment. It will deliver high quality effects in cohesion with the art and design departments.
- Collaborate with the Art, Engineering and Design teams to define animation style producing pre-visualizations and present concept ideas to the team;
- Create in-game animations that set the style and quality benchmark for the project;
- Create compelling character performances, utilizing both key framed and motion capture techniques, to compliment the game design and promote the artistic vision of the game;
- Help to plan and coordinate the gameplay related animation workloads for the project in a proficient and organized manner;
- Be proactive in identifying problems and assist in troubleshooting animation and technical issues;
- Respect the delivery deadlines of the animations with a high level of quality defined by the team;
- Communicate efficiently progress, updates and issues to the Lead Animator, and be willing to understand and act upon direction.
- College diploma in 3D Animation, or equivalent training or experience;
- Minimum three (3) years of relevant experience as an Animator in the game industry;
- Shipped at least 1 game as an Animator, preferably on a console title;
- Solid knowledge of animation software such as Motion builder or Maya;
- Familiar with quick keyframe iteration and motion capture editing;
- Excellent understanding of animation principles;
- Excellent skills of key frame animation;
- Experience using proprietary animation/creation tools like Unreal and Unity – particularly; working with state-graphs;
- Good knowledge of cinematography and experience animating cameras;
- Solid understanding of the human body and facial anatomy;
- Good team player;
- Excellent problem-solver;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Passionate about video games and animation.
Apply for this job
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Date found: 2023-01-23
Subscribe to all Animation jobs in Canada
Create Profile and Get Noticed