Firaxis Games is looking for an exceptionally skilled Animator to join one of our AAA development teams. As an Animator, you will be working closely with the Lead Animator and Project Art Director to create visually compelling animations for gameplay and cinematics. The ideal candidate must demonstrate and articulate a clear knowledge of the principles of animation.
- Create gameplay animation that matches the visual style of the game.
- Participate in weekly Animation Critiques and give and receive constructive feedback from the rest of the team.
- Implement animation assets into game engine and iterate as appropriate.
- Collaborate with other animators and programmers to establish, test and refine the animation pipeline.
- 2+ years game experience in animation using MAYA or similar animation program.
- A solid understanding of the principles of animation.
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written.
- A passion for animation, film and making games.
- Must have current U.S. work authorization.
PLUSES (not required, but a definite bonus):
- Figure drawing skills and an understanding of human anatomy.
- A solid knowledge and understanding of cinematography.
- Unreal Engine experience.
- Motion capture experience.
- Facial animation experience.
- Relocation assistance provided
- Flexible work hours
- Family friendly work environment
- And more!
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Location: Sparks Glencoe, Maryland, United StatesDate posted: 2023-01-20