As one of Canada's Top Technology Workplaces, Certified Great Place to Work, and one of Canada's Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Hothead Games is seeking experienced Animators to join our team to work on an exciting new blockchain MMORPG and bring it to life! With over 300 million downloads from our current titles, our current expansion efforts have attracted audiences from all over the world and we are not looking to slow down !
We are looking for a dedicated, self-starting and energetic person who has a passion for multi-platform games, creating the highest quality animation possible and thrives working in a creative and fun environment.
The Animator will be responsible for creating animatics, transitions, 2D and 3D animations , VFX, UI animations, and more. Animators work with Game Designers and Art Directors to conceive, create and optimize compelling mobile and web-based PC game animations to be delivered in an organized, and well-documented fashion to development teams for implementation.
What You'll Do
- Work with the Art Director to help set and push the animation quality bar for a new Voxel style blockchain MMORPG
- Bring your deep animation expertise to help establish and enhance workflows/processes and make recommendations to the team
- Work with engineers, animators, and technical artists to define, maintain, and improve animation tools and pipeline.
- Serve as an active participant & Game Animation Subject Matter Expert in team art discussions, critiques and reviews.
- Ability to work with production to ensure timely completion of animation tasks
- Ability to work collaboratively with other cross-functional teams such as the design, and art team.
Who You Are and What You Bring:
- 3+ (for intermediate) and 5+ (for senior) years’ work experience in Animation, ideally with Unity.
- Online Portfolio demonstrating animation art skills and technical art skills such as rigging, vfx, etc.
- Ability to repurpose or modify existing 2D or 3D animations for alternative platforms (PC to Mobile or vice versa)
- Deep knowledge of and experience with rigging and weighting especially retargeting animation across different types of rigs.
- Attention to detail for both aesthetic and technical quality
- Passion for games, with an ability to critically analyze them
- Experience with real-time particle and VFX-based animations
We offer you:
- An opportunity to have massive impact. Our growing scope means you’ll be able to have a large impact on the gaming industry
- A group of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers with which to collaborate.
- Remote environment (but if you live in Vancouver we have an office you can go to)
- Professional development support to help develop your skills
- Company Stock Options & RRSP matching
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. Dylan is an actual real live person (the Hiring Manager actually 👋🏼) and is looking forward to learning more about you through your application.
At Hothead Games, we strive to maintain a healthy workplace during the Covid-19 pandemic - and beyond. The successful candidate must be comfortable working at home, and have functional and private space available for work hours. Compensation includes competitive salary, vacation, RRSP matching, company stock options and extended health coverage.
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games. If you are seeking an awesome new challenge with a fun and engaging team, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.
Location: CanadaDate posted: 2023-01-03