2K’s Cat Daddy studio, based in Kirkland, Washington, was started 25+ years ago by industry veterans and is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive within the 2K Label, so we are part of a pretty big family. And while we love being part of something so impressive, the studio is a fun, hard-working, and dedicated family of incredibly talented game developers. We have shipped games on almost every genre and platform, with a current focus on mobile games.
What We Need:
We are growing and seeking an experienced Animator to join our studio. The ideal candidate will have a strong creative and technical background and a collaborative spirit - ready to partner with our team to create games that wow and amaze our players!
What You Will Do:
- Work with the animation team to define, create, and maintain animation pipelines and rigs for the studio’s mobile game titles.
- Deliver content that fits each game’s vision while also being mindful of all technical requirements and constraints.
- Utilize limited and more sophisticated rigs to meet creative needs
- Implement, test, and debug animations using Cat Daddy’s proprietary software and in-game debugging tools.
- Proactively seek feedback from your Lead to ensure accuracy and quality standards are met.
- Rapidly iterate and refine ideas based on feedback.
Who We Think Will be A Great Fit:
- 3+ years' experience as an Animator with at least one shipped title. Mobile experience preferred!
- Extensive experience using 3DS Max with character setup and animation. Experience using Maya a plus.
- Strong technical skills, including the ability to build creative custom rigging solutions for atypical characters in 3DS Max and/or Maya.
- Strong understanding of the 12 principles of animation as well as understanding the importance of crafting strong silhouettes based on camera placement.
- Experience crafting hand key animation. Comfortable working with motion capture for gameplay features is a plus.
- Self-starter with a problem-solving demeanor with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Comfort with using source control software, such as Perforce.
- A good understanding of gameplay mechanics.
- A desire for learning new software, tools, and technologies.
- A passion for games!
- Online portfolio required
At Cat Daddy, we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to crafting accessible and fun gaming experiences for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
By clicking on the link below, you consent to the processing of your personal information by 2K Games, Inc. and its affiliate Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. in accordance with the Privacy Notice for Job Applicants (the “Privacy Notice”), available at https://www.2k.com/applicantprivacypolicy/. The Notice provides information about how we use your data and how you can exercise your right of access, rectification or deletion. If you need more information, please contact the Privacy Contact identified in the Notice.
I have read the Notice consent to the collection, processing, transfer and use of my personal information by 2K Games and Take-Two.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com or catdaddy.com accounts.
The pay range for this position in Washington at the start of employment is expected to be between $60,000 and $90,000 per Year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards and eligibility to participate in our 401(K) plan, in addition to a full range of medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees will also receive 14 paid holidays per calendar year, are eligible to earn a minimum of 15 days of vacation leave per year (subject to proration based on start date during the calendar year) and will receive 10 sick days per calendar year. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Location: Kirkland, Washington, United States
Country: United States
Subscribe to all Animation jobs in United States
Create Profile and Get Noticed