In our bespoke, ground-breaking, multi-threaded engine the Animation Programmer is instrumental in delivering high fidelity animated characters, vehicles, and environments in a large-scale interactive universe.
Whether it is working on customisable run-time rigged faces using our DNA system, researching seamless transitions via motion matching of large amounts of motion captured data or leveraging physicalized reactions together with animation driven ragdolls; the goal is always to be as ambitious as possible with focus on up-to-date technology, scalability for our massive scope and attention to every detail.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
For more information about life at Cloud Imperium Games, check this out - https://youtu.be/cXjp7SRBpIA
What do our Animation Programmers do?
Although the Animation Programmer role is quite varied, the responsibilities boil down to five main areas:
- Designing and implementing well-engineered, reliable, scalable and robust code.
- Collaborating with team members and other cross-functional disciplines to develop various animation systems.
- Working closely with animators to assist with asset pipeline, provide access to procedural solutions, handle complex transition flows and ensure end result achieves expected fidelity.
- Driving engineering principles and practices for your team, pushing boundaries and promoting new innovative ways of working.
- Supporting our growth culture and advocating knowledge sharing within your team.
What do we look for?
If you are passionate about making games, then you are halfway there! Although, we do need you know some programming, like:
- Comfort working with C++ in a large, shared codebase, including testing, code-reviews and source-control.
- Proficiency in 3D math and 3D animation, including procedural solutions, run-time rigging, layer blending and optimization.
- Ability to work well in a co-located yet collaborative team environment.
- Recognising the importance of communication, and often with non-technical teams, so ability to translate and present technical jargon to non-technical peers is paramount.
- Eager to challenge your own ideas and those of your peers – we thrive to be the best!
- At Cloud Imperium Games we are looking for several Animation Programmers with various levels of experience – from junior all the way to senior, and beyond! Therefore, if our Animation team sounds like your perfect fit, please apply immediately!
Diversity Statement CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
Fraud Statement We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
Location:Date posted: 1970-01-01