Cloud Chamber is looking for a creative and inspirational Animation Director to join us in bringing the world of BioShock to life. You will oversee a team of animators and manage the gameplay animation content for the entire project. You will ensure the visual elements are credible and in line with the overall game vision in an effort to create an outstanding player experience. As an empathetic manager you will build and grow a team of highly skilled and incredibly creative animators and ensure they are given the proper guidance and feedback to meet the quality bar set by the studio.
- Work closely with the Art and Creative Directors to define and hold the vision for the animation style of the entire project.
- Collaborate with other discipline Directors to set the standard and drive the visual quality across all animation content in the game.
- Collaborate with Development and Technical teams to deliver animations that meet the technical and production needs, with the high quality standards set by the studio.
- Drive and empower designers and artists to understand your vision for the game’s animations, bringing those elements to life.
- Define the standard for animations at every stage, from concept to ship.
- Build out, manage and mentor the studio's animation team.
- Provide daily feedback and direction to the animation team.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Previous experience working in the game industry as an Animation Director.
- Experience in AAA game development.
- Excellent understanding of 3D workflows and most common software platforms (Motion builder, Maya, Premiere etc.).
- Good understanding of game engines (U5) and tech limitations.
- Superior knowledge of current games and trends and strong opinions about animation techniques and quality.
- A deep understanding of animation production.
- Experience directing stunt performers in order to capture and create complex systemic combat scenarios.
- Creative, imaginative and artistic flair.
- Passion for animation.
- Strong creative and technical problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills.
- Work ethic focused on dynamism and collaboration.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, set priorities and problem solving.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across multiple locations effectively.
- Ability to make timely and sound decisions.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives. We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees, we only use 2K.com email accounts.
Location: Montréal, Quebec, CanadaDate posted: 2023-01-20