Anaplan Solution Architect
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
To enable PlayStation to deliver on its promise to be the Best Place to Play by making it the Best Place to Work! In IT, we strive to achieve this by providing information and technology platforms that enable seamless working, communication and collaboration with colleagues and partners anywhere in the world.
The Digital, Technology and Information Services (DTIS) group implements, enhances and manages consumer- and business-facing solutions and services. We are looking for an experienced Anaplan Solution Architect to drive the development of SIE’s Financial Planning and Analysis solution, and integrate it into the sales, finance, and operations systems landscape for both the physical and digital PlayStation business.
Having just implemented Anaplan, this is a key role within DTIS, augmenting in-house Anaplan capability through dynamic sharing of knowledge and experience, as well as demonstrating great depth of specialism, that will drive adoption of the platform.
You will work with business and technical teams to assess objectives and requirements in order to design and delivery secure, high-performance technical solutions that maximise the potential of SIE’s Anaplan platform. You will do this by leading and mentoring a global team of Anaplan model builders, who will deliver high-quality end-to-end Anaplan solutions, including data integration and security governance.
You have previously built and led strong Anaplan Model Building and architecture teams and you enjoy working with exceptional people. Demonstratable interpersonal skills are key, with the ability to inspire teams to achieve outstanding results in a fast-paced environment.
You will act as a mentor and guide to the team and will foster a culture of sharing and learning across the business and technology teams that you engage with, whilst encouraging autonomy and ownership within teams. You will develop and foster a positive and productive team culture to ensure Anaplan Model Builders remain focused on consistently delivering high quality end-products.
What you’ll be doing:
Technical leadership in the continued implementation and development of SIE’s Anaplan Financial planning and modelling platform, including but not limited to:
Platform Delivery & Governance
Providing direction and governance for the implementation of all key functional and non-functional requirements on the Anaplan platform
Running a technical design authority for the solution design for all proposed new features and changes on the platform
Ensuring stories arriving for development meet the agreed ‘definition of ready’ and that completed stories ready for acceptance have met the ‘definition of done’
Definition and governance of model building standards and best practices
Application and monitoring of standards across project developments and business as usual modelling activities
Creation and maintenance of data, process and technical documentation associated with the platform and associated integration
Develop and own an operating model for the management of the Anaplan environments, dependencies and deployment
Taking on planning and delivery actions to resolve systems and infrastructure ‘blockers’
Collaboration / Centre of Excellence (CofE)
Establishing and overseeing work of internal team of Anaplan Model Builders
Collaborating closely with solution architects to assure the end-to-end solution (and related dependencies) is aligned with the SIE architecture
Collaborating closely with upstream and downstream system and data teams on the utilisation of source system and Anaplan-resident data
Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key business and technical stakeholders
Being seen as a trusted and knowledgeable advisor to the business on financial planning data, processes and capabilities
Participating as an active member of the SIE DTIS community in sharing knowledge and expertise
Key contributor to the financial planning and analysis technology roadmap and its project definitions
Preparing solution and delivery options for all major new features identified by the Product Management Team
Working closely with Anaplan on exploiting the Anaplan roadmap and capabilities
What we are looking for:
At PlayStation our employees are driven by the desire to ensure that PlayStation remains the best place to play and the best place to work. This drive is fuelled by our core values and behaviours, and we are now looking for people to join us who share our values; Always learning, Outcome-focused, Accountable, Adaptable and Respectful
Your values and behaviours will be key to success in the role, and they are underpinned by your previous technology experience:
- Passionate enthusiast for multi-dimensional modelling and its value to the organisation
- Experienced in working globally, across business and technology teams based in the US (West Coast), Japan and Europe (UK)
- Track record of working with high performing technical teams
- Breadth and depth of experience building and running complex software systems and highly scalable/available software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confirmed ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
- Willingness to challenge when assessing problems and proposals
Your technical experience should include the following or similar tools and technologies:
- Anaplan Architect Certification with proven experience of having operated as a certified Anaplan Architect for at least 3 years
- Anaplan Model Builder Level 3
- Deep understanding of the financial planning business capabilities and processes and their implementation within a major organisation
- In depth expertise in financial data (specifically relating to financial planning)
- Deep understanding of multi-dimensional data modelling and its implementation
- Experience of common BI reporting platforms such as PowerBI and Tableau
- Experience of performing technical platform critical assessments
- Data modelling techniques
- Experienced in the implementation of financial planning tools within an organisation – SAP BPC, Oracle EBS/Hyperion, Workday Adaptive, Cognos
- Experience of working with integration technologies – in particular, Sterling Integrator
- Understanding of S/4Hana financial modules and associated data structures
- Solution architecture – use of frameworks such as TOGAF, Archimate
- Prior to working on Anaplan platform has extensive experience of the software delivery process, with a focus on Agile techniques
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23