Anaplan Model Builder
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
At SIEE we want to enable PlayStation to deliver on its promise to be the Best Place to Play by making it the Best Place to Work! In IT, we aim to achieve this by providing information and technology platforms that enable seamless working, communication and collaboration with colleagues and partners anywhere in the world.
The Digital, Technology and Information Services (DTIS) group implements, enhances and supports consumer- and business-facing solutions and services. We are looking for an experienced Anaplan Model Builder to help drive the transformation of SIE’s Financial Analysis and Planning (FP&A) teams by designing and delivering Anaplan planning and forecasting solutions that achieve their business objectives.
Having just implemented Anaplan, this is a key role within DTIS, augmenting in-house Anaplan capability through dynamic sharing of knowledge and experience, as well as demonstrating great depth of specialism, that will drive adoption of the platform.
You will Partner with business and cross-functional technical teams to facilitate analysis and modelling initiatives. You will do this by identifying business needs, understanding existing models and processes, and translating requirements into efficiently built and integrated Anaplan solutions.
You will have demonstrably strong experience of leading multi-dimensional model development on the Anaplan platform, including the configuration of existing models, incorporation of new functionality and continual optimisation of modelling solutions.
You will help foster a positive and productive team culture to ensure Anaplan Model Builders remain focused on consistently delivering high quality solutions.
What you’ll be doing:
Providing technical expertise relating to SIE’s Anaplan platform, and assisting in the delivery of future enhancements to drive planning efficiency and company growth, through:
- Requirements Definition
- Working with business analysts and finance stakeholders (often senior) to gather and interpret financial planning requirements
- Translating requirements into clear functional and/or technical requirements and/or business or technical user stories
- Understanding data requirements and associated calculation logic, translating these requirements into model designs
- Assessing options for the implementation within the Anaplan platform, working with solution architects and other system teams to define the end-to-end solution with the aim of recommending forward-thinking, long-term solutions
- Model Building
- Supporting and enhancing existing models built during the initial implementation, delivering, and maintaining all model components (lists, modules, actions, UX pages, dashboards etc)
- Designing and building new models, including prototypes
- Developing inbound/outbound data feeds to and from the Anaplan data hub
- Developing end-user dashboards, reporting and analytical solutions
- Conceiving and developing Proof of Concept (PoC) models efficiently, where successful expanding them into detailed solution designs for implementation (associated modules, lists/line items, calculations, etc.)
- Unit testing, system and performance testing of model deliverables
- Supporting user acceptance test activities
- Assisting in data validation, migration and deployment of new models
- Providing end-user knowledge transfer, training and support
- Collaboration / Centre of Excellence (CoE)
- Be a key contributor in the creation of an Anaplan CoE with the goal of driving the adoption and maximising utilisation of the Anaplan solution by
- Operating as an Anaplan SME – be a trusted point of contact for colleague support
- Training, coaching and sharing knowledge with users and peers
- Developing processes and standards that will be applied across the CoE, ensuring modellers comply to those processes and standards
- Collaborate with our internal teams to identify areas of opportunity for data
- Continuously identify gaps and opportunities for projects that will streamline workflows and overall processes
What we are looking for:
At PlayStation our employees are driven by the desire to ensure that PlayStation remains the best place to play and the best place to work. This drive is fuelled by our core values and behaviours and we are now looking for people to join us who share our values; Always learning, Outcome-focused, Accountable, Adaptable and Respectful
Your values and behaviours will be key to success in the role and they are underpinned by your previous experience:
- High proficiency to understand and interrogate complex business data requirements, and build feeds and analytical models that will deliver the relevant insights
- Strong mathematical and analytical background with high attention to detail
- Experienced in working globally, across business and technology teams based in the US (West Coast), Japan and Europe (UK)
- Track record of working with high performing technical teams
- Breadth and depth of experience building and running complex software systems and highly scalable/available software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confirmed ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
- Willingness to challenge when assessing problems and proposals
Your technical experience should include the following or similar tools and technologies:
- Anaplan Model Builder Level 3 with demonstrable experience of building complex models in Anaplan for at least 3 years
- Deep understanding of the financial planning business capabilities and processes and their implementation within a major organisation
- In depth expertise in complex data analysis (specifically relating to financial planning)
- Deep understanding of multi-dimensional data modelling and its implementation
- Experience of common BI reporting platforms such as PowerBI and Tableau
- Experience of performing technical platform critical assessments
- Data modelling techniques
- Experienced in the implementation of financial planning tools within an organisation – SAP BPC, Oracle EBS/Hyperion, Workday Adaptive, Cognos
- Experience of working with integration technologies – in particular, Sterling Integrator
- Understanding of S/4Hana financial modules and associated data structures
- Prior to working on Anaplan platform has extensive experience of the software delivery process, with a focus on Agile techniques
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23