Advertising Operations Specialist
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Advertising Operations Specialist
San Mateo, CA
The Advertising Operations Specialist, Gaming and Entertainment is an analytically inclined technical master with a passion for the Gaming and Entertainment space. This is an incredible opportunity to join PlayStation’s fast growing Advertising organization to drive operational excellence and revenue growth. This role will partner closely with Network Advertising’s client partner, client solution, and business analyst teams to deliver innovative strategies and insights for advertising partners.
With proven understanding of both advertising and the gaming or entertainment industries, this role is responsible for driving client growth and team success through operational excellence and transparency.
This role is located at PlayStation’s global headquarters in San Mateo, CA.
- Facilitate and execute tasks involved with ad campaign management; includes setup & trafficking, QA & troubleshooting, monitoring performance & delivery, reporting & analytics, optimization, etc.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to surpass client goals.
- Raise awareness of campaign performance, recommendations, and insights that will impact future campaigns.
- Proactively optimize to exceed client KPIs and drive revenue growth/retention of our advertising clients.
- QA creative content for technical specs ensuring it adheres to PlayStation ad policies.
- Participate in Weekly/Monthly meetings presenting case studies and insights to the global Operations group.
Required Skills & Experience
- Ability to work within a highly collaborative, dynamic environment.
- Proven experience in trafficking and troubleshooting campaigns & experience interacting with customers, prospects, agencies, analysts and staff.
- Proven ability to set clear expectations, prioritize activities, and follow through with timely execution in a cross functional team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to details and analytical nature; metric driven behavior with a high degree of organization.
- Innovative, self-starter with high work ethic.
- Excited to keep up with the latest progress and trends in ad tech!
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Prior experience utilizing ad serving and data management systems: FreeWheel, Salesforce Audience Cloud, SSP/DSPs, programmatic platforms.
- Account management or client service experience.
- Working knowledge of SQL, basic HTML, and ad tag construction.
Required Academic & Work Experience:
- BA or BS degree in a marketing or analytical field
- 2+ years advertising operations experience
- Experience in gaming, advertising, or digital media
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23